Tuesday, September 23, 2008

やった!I figured out how to input Japanese chatacters on this computer! It was suprisingly difficult...I don't own a "genuine" copy of microsoft office, apparently, so my personal laptop can't download the recommended Japanese writing program. But I did figure out how to do this on a PC in Butler, so I guess this will be where I head when I'm in need of some bloggin.






So, back when I was younger, I used to love the anime called Ghost in the Shell.





It was pretty cool. It actually really creeped me out...but it was more or less a sci-fi drama about robots and all that crazy stuff. I think it was originally an anime movie, but I got started watching it when it was a series on Cartoon Network's Adult swim.





The best part of the anime, in my opinion, was the music. Seriously, it had the best music of any anime/cartoon/television show/movie/anything I've ever seen. The opening theme song was incredible...it was done by an artist by the name of おりが。あのかたはおどろくべきです!(that was me trying to say "she's amazing!" I wonder how close I got...lol) 。But yes, おりが is certainly one of my favorite artists of all time now. She's Russian, but sings her songs for a mostly Japanese audience in three languages: Russian, Japanese, and Latin. I think that's pretty awesome, personally. I wish I knew how to upload a song to the blog! Unfortunately, all of the music I own of hers has been pilfered from illegal sources...there is absolutely no legal way to find her music in the USA. It's really sad too! She has multiple albums and they do really well, from my understanding, in Russia and Japan. But alas, we in the USA are deprived.
If you want to listen to any of her music (and you should! especially if you're into more hardcore stuff), you can check out this youtube link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIVgSuuUTwQ. The link also shows some shots from Ghost in the Shell, and some links to her other music (Rise is really amazing too).



She looks really fluffy here, huh? Some of her stuff is very fluffy...alot of it though is pretty intense. I prefer the intense stuff; she has a great voice for it!

3 comments:

Hamada said...

I found "Ghost in the shell" on Netfix :)

yinrui said...

OMG I LOVE Ghost in the Shell (GITS)!!!!!!! I'm completely smitten with the Stand Alone Complex and I have the entire sound track. I never met another person who even KNEW about this stuff! It's like my favorite anime of ALL TIME and that's saying A LOT.

ts.hunter87654 said...

こんばんわSamさん。Ghost in the Shell はあにめがすきでう。あにめおもしおいです。そしてわるいです。
I too used to watch Ghost in the Shell sometimes. I thought it was really cool, but I never watched it from the beginning, and i missed some episodes, so it didn't make much sense. One day I'd like to watch it from the beginning because I think then I would really love it. I also have the song Rise on my ipod and I really enjoy it. I'll have to look into some of her other songs too.